Tuesday, January 11, 2011

JerkishBehavior Top 5 Awards: Mixtapes Of 2010




Hello society, the best of 2010 JerkishBehavior Awards continues and this week we are focusing on the Top 5 Rap Mixtapes Of 2010. So without further ado, here are the JerkishBehavior Top 5 Rap Mixtapes Of 2010...




1. J. Cole "Friday Night Lights" is JerkishBehavior's choice for 2010 Mixtape of the year because it had all the elements of a classic tape from the non-stop quotables, mad replay value, great original tracks, and varied real life subject matter ala an actual album rather than a mixtape. J.Cole continues to show the world that he is the next great with "Friday Night Lights" as we await his debut album.

Best songs: "Farewell", "See World", & "Before I'm Gone"

Quotable: "My eyes lit while I think about my childhood now/I'm blanking out those were truly my best days/ The only thing I had to stress was how the hell to get laid/
Gradually turn into me stressin’ how the hell to get paid/Been making songs so long, now how the hell they get played/ ok, I’m blowing up quickly" Farewell



2. Fabolous "There Is No Competition 2: Funeral Service" dropped way back in Feb 2010 and stood the test of time throughout 2010 with punchlines for days, several songs that became radio hits, and of course the infamous catchphrase "Niceeee". Loso continues to show cats that he is one of nicest in the game and solidifies his spot as one of the Top 5 rappers right now.

Best Songs: "I'm Raw", "Exhibit F", & "Lights Out"

Quotable: "Yall on death row with one request left/you looking for girl ohh she just left/ Her and my d*** just became BFF, then I threw her out the door like Jazzy J.E.F.F." I'm Raw




3. Wale "More About Nothing" is the sequel to the Seinfeld themed original "Mixtape About Nothing" with the sequel being on par with original but Wale stepped up his bars with some real slick wordplay that takes a multiple listens to catch and appreciate plus a couple socially conscious songs mixed in between. Wale continues to show & prove that he is a force to be reckon with as he makes his mark to become a household name & one of the best, DMV STAND UP!!!


Best Songs: "The Eyes Of the Tiger" , "The Soup", & "Black N Gold"

Quotable: "I could change a broad's life in about an hour/I turn ducks into bucks, Luke Ridnour/Ya'll had your run, don't run off, Watch a young nigga operate, Doogie Howser/I don't really like the Hollywood scene/The dudes all fake and the girls are bulimic/ The drinks too weak, what the fuck is a Balini/But you would never think if you seen it on TV/DMV what I rep, all day/ I make it rain Shawn Kemp,GP/I make words come alive, GP/ Create life with the beats, Alicia Keys/ fore we do the unthinkable" Black N Gold




4. Joe Budden "Mood Musik 4: A Turn 4 The Worst " sees Jumpoff Joe Beezy return to his roots and gives us another installment of "Are You In That Mood yet" which doesn't disappoint this time around with the more uptempo, hard-hitting beats and of course the always potent lyrical metaphors that he his known plus his various partners in crime to raise the level of competition. Mood Music 4 is one of the best in this series and Joe Budden continues to display why he is better than your favorite rapper...SLAUGHTERHOUSE!!!

Best Songs: "Aftermath", "If All Else Fails", & "Stuck In The Moment"

Quotable: "If it all failed, I’m ready for the scam/Forging fake checks screamin “Catch Me If You Can”/ If all else fails, I’d be out pullin Jerz capers/Knowing me I’d be best friends with my worst haters/..If all failed, I’d be right back in them block cyphers/Just to show these local n-ggas I’m a lot nicer/Cause the less you succeed the more you loved for it/While the more you achieve the more you snubbed for it" If All Else Fails






5. B.O.B. "No Genre" just recently dropped and it was so good that it overtook two other pretty good mixtapes for this spot because B.O.B. just knows how to make good music no matter what the genre. "No Genre" has multiple bangers that you can't take off repeat because its just crack music, so addictive. B.O.B. continues to improve on his artistry as the whole world takes notice that he one of the best & consistent newcomers in the game. The game is in good hands, Peace Up, A-Town Down!!!

Best Songs: "Beastmode", "Shoot Up The Station" & "Dr. Arden"

Quotables: "Have you heard of the beast?/Well we all live in the belly/Inhabitants of the jungle to silicon valley/There is nothing to fear, not even illuminati/As evil as things appear, perception is just reality/I ain’t really here, A holographic anatomy/ Really Im on the ship with the planetary academy" Shoot Up The Station


Honorable Mention:

Game "Brake Lights" is really 5B on the list with it being one of the best produced mixtapes in 2010 and had a ton of album quality cuts on here just given away for free plus he kept the name-dropping to a minimum, very impressive.
Best Songs: "Stadium Music", "For The Blood", & "Hustlin (Champions Anthem)"

Big K.R.I.T. "KRIT Wuz here" was the sleeper mixtape of the year and was named mixtape of the year by HiphopDx.com with surprisingly top-notch production in which K.R.I.T. did himself and several bangers that will leave you pleasantly surprised/impressed by the Mississippi rookie.
Best Songs: "Hometown Hero", "Country Shit" & "Something"



Survey Results - GlowDay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment